NISSAN GT ACADEMY GO FROM GAMER TO RACER
JOIN THE COMPETITION TO PROFESSIONALLY RACE FOR NISSAN
NISSAN GT ACADEMY IS BACK
After a successful first run, Nissan Philippines is bringing back GT Academy to find the next great Filipino professional racing driver.
Nissan GT Academy is a first-of-its-kind competition that pits the world’s best Gran Turismo players in a race for the ultimate dream — race as a professional in the Dubai 24 Hours race.
If you have what it takes to be a Nissan champion, visit our mall events and put your racing skills to the test!
Follow our official Facebook page for updates!
GO FROM THE CONSOLE AND INTO THE RACING CIRCUIT
Explore the Gallery
NISSAN GT ACADEMY 2016 COMPLETE MECHANICS
Nissan Philippines, Inc., (“Nissan”, “NPI”), brings the GT Academy to the Philippines, a first-of-its-kind competition that pits the best Gran Turismo players (the “Players”) in the country in a race for the ultimate dream—to become a real-life racing driver for Nissan.
WHAT IS THE CONTEST?
Nissan GT Academy takes six (6) skilled Gran Turismo Players and gives them a chance to become professional racers in five stages.
First Gear: The Recruitment (June 30-August 21, 2016)
Thousands of gamers will be narrowed down to the top 20 Players who achieve the best time during the LIVE EVENTS. The top 20 players will be invited to compete in the National Finals.
Second Gear: National Finals (September 20-26, 2016)
The top 20 Players from the Live Events, will be trimmed down to the top 6 Filipino Players based on their performance during challenges and tests. The top 6 players who qualify for the next round will go bumper-to-bumper with the best Gran Turismo drivers from various countries during the Race Camp Week.
Third Gear: The Race Camp Week (October 21-30, 2016)
The top 6 will go bumper-to-bumper with the best Gran Turismo drivers from Thailand, Indonesia, North Africa, Mexico and Australia. Their strength, stamina, mental agility and driving skills will be tested at the Silverstone Racing Circuit in UK.
Fourth Gear: Driver Development Program
The emerging GT Academy Champion will undergo a rigorous training under the wing of professional coaches and racers at the Silverstone Racing Circuit in UK. Here, they will get a chance to prove they have what it takes to become a professional racing driver and acquire a slot in the Nissan team for the Dubai 24 Hour Race.
HOW TO JOIN?
To join, Players must participate in the Live Events.
- Various publicly accessible events will take place July 1 to August 31, 2016 (the “Entry Period”), allowing members of the public to participate in live gaming competitions (each a “Live Event”) in order to qualify for the National Finals.
- At each Live Event, Players will be invited to take part in a virtual race on Gran Turismo 7 (the “Game”) using Nissan gaming pods. Players will run five (5) laps or five minutes (whichever comes first) on the Tokyo Expressway (the “Track”) using a Nissan GT-R (the “Car”). Their fastest lap time will be recorded.
- Players cannot change nor customize the Track and the Car, and all player settings will be set to default.
- The twenty (20) Players who achieve the best performances during the Live Events (also “Qualifying Players”) will be invited to compete at the National Finals.
- NPI reserves the right to disqualify Players for unsportsmanlike conduct at anytime during the course of the competition. Players who are caught cheating by any means, including cutting corners and exploiting glitches or any other unintended functionality in the Live Event, will be disqualified.
- The decision of Nissan and/or that of the judge(s), as the case may be is/are final and no appeal thereof may be made.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO JOIN?
GT Academy 2016 is open to citizen or dual citizens of the Philippines who fulfil the entry criteria described below, except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of Nissan Philippines, Inc., TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno, Omnicom Media Group, Adspin Advertising and A+B Expedio, their families, subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies, and anyone professionally connected with the competition.
In order to qualify, Players must:
- be aged 18 years or over on the date of the National Finals. Participants of the Live Events below 18 years of age will not qualify for the National Finals.
- hold a valid Philippine passport issued by the appropriate government agencies, embassies or consular office (if issued abroad), and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to enter the country hosting the Race Camp Prize;
- hold a Non-Proffesional or Professional valid Driver’s license with Restriction Codes either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8, issued by the Land Transportation Office in the Philippines enabling the Player to validly operate and drive a four (4) wheel vehicle;
- have not been convicted of any criminal offence or is the subject of or a part to a criminal, civil or administrative proceeding as a party litigant;
- be in good general health, without any condition, sickness or disability that would limit the Entrant’s ability to operate and drive a four (4) wheel vehicle and should be able to comply with Motor Sports Associations (“MSA”) medical requirements detailed in section 9, 10 and 11 of the MSA 2016 License Notes, the newest version of which can be found at https://www.msauk.org/assets/2016competitionlicencenotes.pdf.
- not have an existing competition driving contract with any motor sports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with his/her ability to accept the Race Camp Prize;
- not previously held a National A or superior MSA license or equivalent in another Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) recognised National Sporting Authority (NSA) or internationally or locally recognised motorsport body;
- not have competed in any form of 4 wheeled motorsport at a provincial, city or national championship level for more than one full season (NPI reserves the right to judge what classifies as provincial, city or national level motorsport); and
- not have previously or concurrently competed at the GT Academy Race Camp stage (or equivalent or similar stages) in any previous GT Academy competition or GT Academy competition held in different countries.
By entering the Nissan GT Academy 2016 season, each Player promises he/she fulfils the above entry requirements. Nissan reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Players at any time during the Competition or the Race Camp, which shall include but is not limited to requesting copies of passports, Driver’s licenses, government issued IDs, competent proof of identity and proof of residence or nationality and requesting the Player undergo a medical examination.
Failure to comply or pass any verification procedure undertaken by NPI will result in the immediate disqualification of the Player from the Competition and/or forfeiture of the Race Camp Prize. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of the Player to participate in any stage of the Competition, NPI decision shall be final and no appeal thereof may be made.
Players who previously participated in the Race Camp Prize of previous’ year’s Competition(s) may still participate in the Live Events but shall not be eligible to win the Race Camp Prize even if their performance qualifies them among the top twenty.
A Participation Agreement will be signed by all Players and its content will require all Players to:
(a) confirm their acceptance of these Terms;
(b) commit to attending and participating in the entire Race Camp Prize should they win the Race Camp Prize at the Territory Final;
(c) commit to participating full-time in all necessary training and racing events in relation to this Competition;
(d) consent to being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded during all stages of the Competition and the Race Camp Prize and for any resultant footage, stills and audio, including the reproduction or modification thereof, or any derivative works (in relation to which each Qualifying Player will be required to waive its moral and ownership rights over their voice, performance, image, and/or likeness) to be used worldwide by Nissan Philippines, Inc., the Nissan Motor Co., Ltd group of companies, Sony Group of Companies and third parties associated with the Competition , for their own promotional purposes in connection with the Competition, the Race Camp Prize and/or the Gran Turismo series of games, or any product or service in all markets within or outside the Territory related thereto, in perpetuity, in all media, including online platforms, subject to the General Rules below.
By entering the Competition and/or submitting their respective application forms, Players accept and will be bound by these Terms:
1. NPI will neither be held liable and/or responsible for:
a. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of the Game;
b. communications line failure;
c. theft or loss of any personal items;
d. destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs; and/or
e. other causes outside Nissan’s reasonable control.
2. Nissan, reserves the right to disqualify any Player, Qualifying Player, or Philippine National Finals Winner at any stage of the Competition if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Player, Qualifying Player, or Philippine National Finals Winner:
a. has not fulfilled all the required entry criteria;
b. has supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information;
c. is in breach of these Terms;
d. has failed to abide by any reasonable instructions given by Nissan Philippines, Inc., the motor racing team and /or Nissan, or their representatives, during the Competition or the Race Camp (including any safety instructions such as wearing safety equipment); and/or
e. has failed to compete in the spirit of fair play;
f. is ineligible or is disqualified on the basis of these Terms or by analogous circumstances.
3. NPI, further reserves the right to undertake the following actions below, in the event of force majeure, unforeseen circumstances or during such instances as may be necessary as solely determined by NPI, in its absolute discretion:
a. substitute the Race Camp Prize (or any part of it) for an alternative of equal or greater value;
b. amend, alter or cancel the Competition;
In the event of cancellation/amendment of the Competition or substitution of the Race Camp Prize, each Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine Nationals Winner expressly agrees that he/she/they shall not be entitled to compensation.
The decision of the judges and/or Nissan Philippines, Inc. is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
4. In the event that there is a tie, for a chance to advance to any next stage in the Competition, the affected Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners will compete in a race challenge based on the Gran Turismo series of games.
5. In the event that a Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner is disqualified or is unable to attend any part of the Competition or the Race Camp, Nissan reserves the right to appoint a substitute Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner selected in accordance with these Terms.
6. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner can withdraw from participating in the Competition and/or the Race Camp at any stage;
7. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner who withdraws or is disqualified shall not be entitled to any compensation in relation to such withdrawal or disqualification.
8. No other expenses will be covered or shouldered by NPI other than those expressly stated to be covered in these Terms. Nissan Philippines, Inc., shall be responsible for making any relevant travel or accommodation arrangements that are expressly referred to in these Terms, and will not compensate any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner for arrangements made by themselves.
9. Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners must ensure that they are available to attend all aspects of the Competition and, where relevant, any training, media event or racing events forming part of the Race Camp. Nissan, shall not be liable for the failure of a Qualifying Player and/or Philippine National Finals Winner to attend or take part in the Competition or the Race Camp (or any part of it) for whatever reason.
10. Motor racing is dangerous and can involve injury or death. By attending any training or racing events forming part of the Competition and/or the Race Camp, Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners acknowledge this and confirm that they are aware of the nature of the activity and agree to attend at any racing locations at their own risk. Nissan and/or their respective directors, employees, affiliates, agents and/or representatives shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner as a result of attendance or participation at any racing location, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from Nissan Philippines, Inc.’s and/or their respective directors’, employees’, affiliates’, agents’ and/or representatives’ negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
11. Any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner participating in motor racing, the Live Events, the Competition or the Racing Camp must sign an agreement to waive liability (in so far possible by law) and may be asked to sign further liability waivers as a pre-condition of their entry to and/or participation in any competitive motor sport events.
12. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners must take note of and comply with all reasonable security and health and safety regulations in place at any racing location. Each Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner participating in motor racing promises that he/she will be responsible at all times and shall behave, conduct themselves and observe such measures both in relation to his/her own safety and those of others with all reasonable due care and attention. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner may be disqualified from the Competition or the Race Camp, or barred from participating in any part of the driving elements of the Race Camp, and/or refused access to, and ejected from, any racing location (at Nissan’s sole discretion) if that Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner:
a. behaves disruptively or in any way or manner that creates, or is likely to create, a dangerous situation that is otherwise avoidable;
b. acts against the interests of safety;
c. behaves in a way that is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to themselves, other participants, or other Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners;
d. fails to abide by the reasonable instruction of Nissan Philippines Inc., the motor racing team and/or their agents; and/or
e. is suspected to be under the influence of any substance that impairs his/her driving ability.
13. All Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners agree to comply with the terms and conditions of those third party suppliers engaged by the Promoter or Nissan in providing any aspect of the Race Camp Prize (“Third Party Suppliers”).
14. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners must sign such terms and conditions of Third Party Suppliers engaged by Nissan or the Promoter for the conduct of the Competition, the Live Events or the Race Camp. Nissan Philippines, Inc., reserves the right to withdraw and/or disqualify any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner from the Competition at any time during the Competition and prohibit any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner from taking part in any further motor racing activity if he/she does not agree to sign such Third Party Suppliers’ terms and conditions or fails to abide by such terms and conditions. NPI, also reserves the right to notify the foregoing disqualification or withdrawal from the Competition to competent international sport authorities.
15. The Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners hereby consent and agree that their respective personal data, information ordetails (name and country) will be made available in Nissan website(s) and social media accounts.
16. The Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners and winners of any part of the Race Camp Prize co-operate with any publicity or media event arising from the Live Events, the Competition and/or the Race Camp.
17. Nissan (or any third party nominated by Nissan Philippines, Inc.), is hereby granted the authority and may exercise its sole discretion to use the, name, images and comments relating to the Race Camp, the Gran Turismo series of games and Competition experience of any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition (and future similar competitions), the Race Camp and/or the Gran Turismo series of games in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid or due to the Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner.
18. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners who win any part of the Race Camp Prize may be required to pay tax on the Race Camp in accordance with their respective jurisdiction’s tax legislation.
These Terms shall be governed by English law and the courts of UK or Taguig City, Philippines, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from running the Competition or the Race Camp.
19. In these Terms, unless otherwise specified, reference to: (i) “includes" and "including" shall mean includes and including without limitation; (ii) NPI includes its permitted assignees and/or the successors in title; (iii) a statute or statutory instrument or any of their provisions is to be construed as a reference to that statute or statutory instrument or such provision as the same may have been or may hereafter be amended or re-enacted; (iv) words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words denoting any gender shall include all genders; (v) Rules, Parts and Sections are to Rules, Parts and Sections of these Terms; and (vi) the headings in these Terms are for information only and are to be ignored in construing the same.
2. By entering the Competition, all Entrants will have consented to the transfer of their Personal Data to the Organiser, Nissan, its affiliates and that of the Sony Computer Entertainment Group of Companies and to each of their suppliers, contractors and agents for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and the Race Camp Prize and pursuant to these Terms. The Organiser shall be the Data Controller of all Personal Data collected by the Organiser during the Competition, for the purposes of data protection regulations.
3. The Organiser confirms that all Personal Data requested from an Entrant is necessary for the purposes of that Entrant participating in the Competition and/or obtaining the Race Camp Prize. Entrants shall be entitled to access, rectify, complete, update, block or delete their Personal Data or to object to its processing by written communication to the Organiser. Personal Data on Entrants’ health will only be processed by the Organiser, Nissan and/or those designated medical services providers exclusively for assessing the Entrants’ suitability for participating in the relevant stages of the Competition.
WHEN IS THE ENTRY PERIOD?
Live events are scheduled to be held but not limited to the following dates:
- June 30, 2016 – SM Mall of Asia Atrium, 10AM-12PM
- July 1-3, 2016 – TriNoma MRT Link, 10AM-9PM
- July 9-10, 2016 – SM City North EDSA, The Block, 10AM-10PM
- July 14-20, 2016 – SM Southmall, 10AM-10PM
- July 17-23, 2016 – SM Bacolod, 10AM-10PM
- July 19-25, 2016 – SM Ecoland Davao, 10AM-10PM
- July 22-24, 2016 – Glorietta, 10AM-9PM
- July 29-31, 2016 – SM Sta. Rosa, 10AM-10PM
- July 29-31, 2016 – TriNoma MRT Link, 10AM-9PM
- August 5-7, 2016 – SM Manila, 10AM-10PM
- August 5-7, 2016 – Centrio Mall Cagayan, 10AM-9PM
- August 5-7, 2016 – SM Cebu, 10AM-9PM
- August 12-14, 2016 – SM Pampanga, 10AM-10PM
THE NATIONAL FINALS
- All Qualifying Players will be contacted by NPI via SMS, call, email and postal mail through the contact details submitted by the Player at the time of entry to a Live Event, as soon as practicable after the end of the Entry Period, and shall be invited to take part in the National Finals.
- Each Qualifying Player will receive an SMS, call, email or postal mail informing them of their eligibility to join the National Finals and they must claim their place in the National Finals by an SMS, call, email or postal mail within five (5) days of the date the notification is sent by NPI, or they will cease to be a Qualifying Player. Nissan will inform Players if they fail to claim his/her place in the National Finals within the relevant deadline.
- Each qualifying player must submit their passport and NBI clearance to Nissan five (5) days before the National Finals to ensure that all qualifying players will have the capacity to participate in the Race Camp Week. Failure to submit the aforementioned requirements will lead to the Qualifying Player’s disqualification in concurrence with Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
- In the event that the Qualifying Player no longer wants to continue his/her participation in the Competition, or fails to claim his/her place in the National Finals within the relevant deadline, or is disqualified from the Competition in accordance with these Terms or for failure to comply with these Terms, they will cease to be a Qualifying Player and Nissan, at its sole discretion, will select a substitute Player to become a Qualifying Player. The substitute Player shall be chosen from those pool of Players who achieved the next best performance in the Live Events; and Nissan shall repeat this process until the number of Entrants required to participate in the National Finals is reached.
- National Finals will be an event that will take place in a location, date and time to be identified by NPI and shared to the Qualifying Players by email at least ten (10) days before the National Finals take place. It is intended that the National Finals will take place during September 20-26, 2016, at the CCP Parking Lot; however, NPI reserves the right to select any date and venue for the National Finals. NPI will provide overnight accommodations for Qualifying Players if the National Finals takes place over more than one (1) day. Qualifying Entrants will otherwise be responsible for any expenses incurred in attending the National Finals (e.g. travel and food expenses).
- Prior to the start of the National Finals, Qualifying Players may be invited to provide videos that may be used in any GT Academy Program. Each Qualifying Player grants NPI, a worldwide non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use such videos, regardless of how they are provided, for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Nissan GT Academy 2016 and/or the Gran Turismo series of games, in perpetuity, across all media including any online platforms under Nissan’s control. Such videos must not contain any pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery; abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language; harassing or defamatory content; content that compromises the privacy or safety of the Qualifying Player or others; content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality; violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
- All Players will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and shall be required to sign a “Participation Agreement”, and return such signed Participation Agreement to Nissan Philippines, Inc. NPI reserves the right to disqualify any Playing who fails to comply with this requirement at any stage of the Competition, or who, NPI reasonably considers (based on the contents of the medical questionnaire), has a physical or mental condition which would make them unsuitable to participate in any part of the Competition or could prevent the Player from holding a competition licence for motor sports.
- A player’s failure to disclose any incapacity (whether physical or legal), medical condition, and/or disability that prevents the Player from holding a race license may result in NPI seeking reimbursement for monies spent on the Player that enable the Player to take part in the competition.
- During the National Finals, Qualifying Players may be required to compete in various virtual and “real-world” challenges to test their skills and abilities, and undergo assessments which may include mental challenges and medical and physical assessments. Qualifying Players may be eliminated at any stage in the National Finals on the basis of their performance in, or the results of, any of these challenges or assessments. Qualifying Players will be scored and assessed throughout the process.
- NPI will be responsible for supplying all relevant equipment at the National Finals.
- Six (6) winners from the Philippines will be selected from Qualifying Players participating in the National Finals. The winners shall be those who are judged to have displayed the best performance in the challenges and assessments undertaken during the Territory Final (each a “Territory Final Winner”).
- In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Territory Final Winners, NPI’s and/or the judge’s decision (as the case may be) is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
THE RACE CAMP WEEK
- GT Academy 2016 is held simultaneously in the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, North Africa, Mexico and Australia during the Entry Period (each called a “Territorial Competition”)
- The National Finals Winners from the Philippines will be notified by NPI via SMS, call, email or postal mail provided by them in the Participation Agreement, as soon as practicable after all Territorial Competition have taken place, and will be invited to take part in the Race Camp (which may be up to 10 days in duration), together with winners from other Territorial Competition. It is intended that the GT Academy Race Camp will take place at Silverstone England, UK in October 2016. However NPI reserves the right to select any other venue, date and time at its sole discretion.
- Philippine National Finals Winners will be informed of the date, time and venue of the Race Camp at least ten (10) days before the Race Camp takes place.
- Philippine National Finals Winners will receive an SMS, call, email, or postal mail confirming their eligibility to the Race Camp Week and must claim their place and confirm their participation by SMS, call, email, or postal mail within five (5) days from the date the notification is sent to them by NPI or they will cease to be a Philippine Nationals Finals Winner.
- In the event that a Philippine National Finals Winner does not wish to continue participating in the Competition, or fails to claim their place and confirm their participation in the Race Camp within the relevant deadline, or is disqualified from the Competition in accordance with these Terms or for failure to comply with these Terms, NPI, may at its discretion, select a substitute Qualifying Player to become a Philippine National Finals Winner. Such substitute Qualifying Player should have participated in the Philippine National Finals and achieved the next best overall performance in the challenges and assessments in the Philippine National Finals. Nissan shall repeat this process until the number of Players required to participate in the Race Camp is reached.
- The following shall be arranged for each Philippine National Finals Winner:
- economy class flight from Manila to the nearest Race Camp start location, and back to Manila,
- assistance and cost of getting the appropriate visa to the country hosting the Race Camp,
- transfers to and from the Race Camp start and end locations to and from the relevant airport, train or coach station (as the case may be);
- on site accommodation at the Race Camp; and
- meals and refreshments during the Race Camp.
- Philippine National Final Winners are responsible for any expenses they incur in attending the Race Camp, which are not included and specified in Rule 6.
- Philippine National Finals Winners shall be responsible for such costs for their transportation to and from their homes and the international airport in the Philippines. Philippine National Finals Winners are strongly recommended to secure up-to-date health card and travel insurance at the Philippine National Final Winner’s own cost.
- During the Race Camp, Philippine National Finals Winners will:
- receive training from Octane Junkes, Ltd., (or another comparable motor racing training provider) and their agents;
- compete in a series of real driving events against other Philippine Natiinal Finals Winners, as well as against winners from the Territorial Competitions;
- take part in a number of rigorous challenges and assessments that will test their skills and abilities as well as their physical and mental aptitudes (including physical fitness);
- be scored and judged throughout the process, with the decision of the appointed judges and advisors being final; and
- may be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement or undertaking, preventing the participants from revealing certain aspects of and/or results from the Race Camp.