GT Academy 2016 is open to citizen or dual citizens of the Philippines who fulfil the entry criteria described below, except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of Nissan Philippines, Inc., TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno, Omnicom Media Group, Adspin Advertising and A+B Expedio, their families, subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies, and anyone professionally connected with the competition.
In order to qualify, Players must:
- be aged 18 years or over on the date of the National Finals. Participants of the Live Events below 18 years of age will not qualify for the National Finals.
- hold a valid Philippine passport issued by the appropriate government agencies, embassies or consular office (if issued abroad), and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to enter the country hosting the Race Camp Prize;
- hold a Non-Proffesional or Professional valid Driver’s license with Restriction Codes either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8, issued by the Land Transportation Office in the Philippines enabling the Player to validly operate and drive a four (4) wheel vehicle;
- have not been convicted of any criminal offence or is the subject of or a part to a criminal, civil or administrative proceeding as a party litigant;
- be in good general health, without any condition, sickness or disability that would limit the Entrant’s ability to operate and drive a four (4) wheel vehicle and should be able to comply with Motor Sports Associations (“MSA”) medical requirements detailed in section 9, 10 and 11 of the MSA 2016 License Notes, the newest version of which can be found at https://www.msauk.org/assets/2016competitionlicencenotes.pdf.
- not have an existing competition driving contract with any motor sports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with his/her ability to accept the Race Camp Prize;
- not previously held a National A or superior MSA license or equivalent in another Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) recognised National Sporting Authority (NSA) or internationally or locally recognised motorsport body;
- not have competed in any form of 4 wheeled motorsport at a provincial, city or national championship level for more than one full season (NPI reserves the right to judge what classifies as provincial, city or national level motorsport); and
- not have previously or concurrently competed at the GT Academy Race Camp stage (or equivalent or similar stages) in any previous GT Academy competition or GT Academy competition held in different countries.
By entering the Nissan GT Academy 2016 season, each Player promises he/she fulfils the above entry requirements. Nissan reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Players at any time during the Competition or the Race Camp, which shall include but is not limited to requesting copies of passports, Driver’s licenses, government issued IDs, competent proof of identity and proof of residence or nationality and requesting the Player undergo a medical examination.
Failure to comply or pass any verification procedure undertaken by NPI will result in the immediate disqualification of the Player from the Competition and/or forfeiture of the Race Camp Prize. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of the Player to participate in any stage of the Competition, NPI decision shall be final and no appeal thereof may be made.
Players who previously participated in the Race Camp Prize of previous’ year’s Competition(s) may still participate in the Live Events but shall not be eligible to win the Race Camp Prize even if their performance qualifies them among the top twenty.
A Participation Agreement will be signed by all Players and its content will require all Players to:
(a) confirm their acceptance of these Terms;
(b) commit to attending and participating in the entire Race Camp Prize should they win the Race Camp Prize at the Territory Final;
(c) commit to participating full-time in all necessary training and racing events in relation to this Competition;
(d) consent to being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded during all stages of the Competition and the Race Camp Prize and for any resultant footage, stills and audio, including the reproduction or modification thereof, or any derivative works (in relation to which each Qualifying Player will be required to waive its moral and ownership rights over their voice, performance, image, and/or likeness) to be used worldwide by Nissan Philippines, Inc., the Nissan Motor Co., Ltd group of companies, Sony Group of Companies and third parties associated with the Competition , for their own promotional purposes in connection with the Competition, the Race Camp Prize and/or the Gran Turismo series of games, or any product or service in all markets within or outside the Territory related thereto, in perpetuity, in all media, including online platforms, subject to the General Rules below.
By entering the Competition and/or submitting their respective application forms, Players accept and will be bound by these Terms:
1. NPI will neither be held liable and/or responsible for:
a. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of the Game;
b. communications line failure;
c. theft or loss of any personal items;
d. destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs; and/or
e. other causes outside Nissan’s reasonable control.
2. Nissan, reserves the right to disqualify any Player, Qualifying Player, or Philippine National Finals Winner at any stage of the Competition if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Player, Qualifying Player, or Philippine National Finals Winner:
a. has not fulfilled all the required entry criteria;
b. has supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information;
c. is in breach of these Terms;
d. has failed to abide by any reasonable instructions given by Nissan Philippines, Inc., the motor racing team and /or Nissan, or their representatives, during the Competition or the Race Camp (including any safety instructions such as wearing safety equipment); and/or
e. has failed to compete in the spirit of fair play;
f. is ineligible or is disqualified on the basis of these Terms or by analogous circumstances.
3. NPI, further reserves the right to undertake the following actions below, in the event of force majeure, unforeseen circumstances or during such instances as may be necessary as solely determined by NPI, in its absolute discretion:
a. substitute the Race Camp Prize (or any part of it) for an alternative of equal or greater value;
b. amend, alter or cancel the Competition;
In the event of cancellation/amendment of the Competition or substitution of the Race Camp Prize, each Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine Nationals Winner expressly agrees that he/she/they shall not be entitled to compensation.
The decision of the judges and/or Nissan Philippines, Inc. is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
4. In the event that there is a tie, for a chance to advance to any next stage in the Competition, the affected Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners will compete in a race challenge based on the Gran Turismo series of games.
5. In the event that a Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner is disqualified or is unable to attend any part of the Competition or the Race Camp, Nissan reserves the right to appoint a substitute Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner selected in accordance with these Terms.
6. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner can withdraw from participating in the Competition and/or the Race Camp at any stage;
7. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner who withdraws or is disqualified shall not be entitled to any compensation in relation to such withdrawal or disqualification.
8. No other expenses will be covered or shouldered by NPI other than those expressly stated to be covered in these Terms. Nissan Philippines, Inc., shall be responsible for making any relevant travel or accommodation arrangements that are expressly referred to in these Terms, and will not compensate any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner for arrangements made by themselves.
9. Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners must ensure that they are available to attend all aspects of the Competition and, where relevant, any training, media event or racing events forming part of the Race Camp. Nissan, shall not be liable for the failure of a Qualifying Player and/or Philippine National Finals Winner to attend or take part in the Competition or the Race Camp (or any part of it) for whatever reason.
10. Motor racing is dangerous and can involve injury or death. By attending any training or racing events forming part of the Competition and/or the Race Camp, Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners acknowledge this and confirm that they are aware of the nature of the activity and agree to attend at any racing locations at their own risk. Nissan and/or their respective directors, employees, affiliates, agents and/or representatives shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner as a result of attendance or participation at any racing location, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from Nissan Philippines, Inc.’s and/or their respective directors’, employees’, affiliates’, agents’ and/or representatives’ negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
11. Any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner participating in motor racing, the Live Events, the Competition or the Racing Camp must sign an agreement to waive liability (in so far possible by law) and may be asked to sign further liability waivers as a pre-condition of their entry to and/or participation in any competitive motor sport events.
12. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners must take note of and comply with all reasonable security and health and safety regulations in place at any racing location. Each Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner participating in motor racing promises that he/she will be responsible at all times and shall behave, conduct themselves and observe such measures both in relation to his/her own safety and those of others with all reasonable due care and attention. A Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner may be disqualified from the Competition or the Race Camp, or barred from participating in any part of the driving elements of the Race Camp, and/or refused access to, and ejected from, any racing location (at Nissan’s sole discretion) if that Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner:
a. behaves disruptively or in any way or manner that creates, or is likely to create, a dangerous situation that is otherwise avoidable;
b. acts against the interests of safety;
c. behaves in a way that is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to themselves, other participants, or other Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners;
d. fails to abide by the reasonable instruction of Nissan Philippines Inc., the motor racing team and/or their agents; and/or
e. is suspected to be under the influence of any substance that impairs his/her driving ability.
13. All Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners agree to comply with the terms and conditions of those third party suppliers engaged by the Promoter or Nissan in providing any aspect of the Race Camp Prize (“Third Party Suppliers”).
14. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners must sign such terms and conditions of Third Party Suppliers engaged by Nissan or the Promoter for the conduct of the Competition, the Live Events or the Race Camp. Nissan Philippines, Inc., reserves the right to withdraw and/or disqualify any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner from the Competition at any time during the Competition and prohibit any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner from taking part in any further motor racing activity if he/she does not agree to sign such Third Party Suppliers’ terms and conditions or fails to abide by such terms and conditions. NPI, also reserves the right to notify the foregoing disqualification or withdrawal from the Competition to competent international sport authorities.
15. The Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners hereby consent and agree that their respective personal data, information ordetails (name and country) will be made available in Nissan website(s) and social media accounts.
16. The Qualifying Players and Philippine National Finals Winners and winners of any part of the Race Camp Prize co-operate with any publicity or media event arising from the Live Events, the Competition and/or the Race Camp.
17. Nissan (or any third party nominated by Nissan Philippines, Inc.), is hereby granted the authority and may exercise its sole discretion to use the, name, images and comments relating to the Race Camp, the Gran Turismo series of games and Competition experience of any Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition (and future similar competitions), the Race Camp and/or the Gran Turismo series of games in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid or due to the Player, Qualifying Player or Philippine National Finals Winner.
18. Players, Qualifying Players or Philippine National Finals Winners who win any part of the Race Camp Prize may be required to pay tax on the Race Camp in accordance with their respective jurisdiction’s tax legislation.
These Terms shall be governed by English law and the courts of UK or Taguig City, Philippines, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from running the Competition or the Race Camp.
19. In these Terms, unless otherwise specified, reference to: (i) “includes" and "including" shall mean includes and including without limitation; (ii) NPI includes its permitted assignees and/or the successors in title; (iii) a statute or statutory instrument or any of their provisions is to be construed as a reference to that statute or statutory instrument or such provision as the same may have been or may hereafter be amended or re-enacted; (iv) words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words denoting any gender shall include all genders; (v) Rules, Parts and Sections are to Rules, Parts and Sections of these Terms; and (vi) the headings in these Terms are for information only and are to be ignored in construing the same.
2. By entering the Competition, all Entrants will have consented to the transfer of their Personal Data to the Organiser, Nissan, its affiliates and that of the Sony Computer Entertainment Group of Companies and to each of their suppliers, contractors and agents for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and the Race Camp Prize and pursuant to these Terms. The Organiser shall be the Data Controller of all Personal Data collected by the Organiser during the Competition, for the purposes of data protection regulations.
3. The Organiser confirms that all Personal Data requested from an Entrant is necessary for the purposes of that Entrant participating in the Competition and/or obtaining the Race Camp Prize. Entrants shall be entitled to access, rectify, complete, update, block or delete their Personal Data or to object to its processing by written communication to the Organiser. Personal Data on Entrants’ health will only be processed by the Organiser, Nissan and/or those designated medical services providers exclusively for assessing the Entrants’ suitability for participating in the relevant stages of the Competition.